Do You Lead with Confidence?

Margeaux_H
Guide
Guide

While most people would say that I am a super confident person, I don't think I have always lead with confidence. There was a time that I would NEVER wear a 2 piece swim suit. Not only would I never wear one, but I would also never take a picture of myself in a swimsuit at all that wasn't from the waist up AND I certainly would not post a swimsuit pic on social media. Today that changed.  I am currently in Barbados with friends and was wearing a beautiful new suit that is too pretty not to share with others, especially when it is hard to find great swimwear for curvy women.  Typically when looking at photos of myslef I feel like I need to hide my bare hips or thighs making sure my legs were only seen under a saraong or something to hide my body.  After looking through the pics my friend snapped I thought to myself, if I am going to share myself authentically in any capacity then I need to share all of me.  There is a real fear putting yourself out there for judgement especially on social media with so many haters ready to pounce on a women with cellulite, stretch marks, or anything percieved as a flaw.  But, there was something very freeing about sharing this pic.  I think confidence speaks louder than any percieved flaw and the confidence to say "This is me, I am not hiding" paves the way for emotional healing and growth.  Does anyone else feel me on this?  Have you been hiding?

Untitled design (4).png

6 REPLIES 6

cml
Thank you for posting! You look beautiful in that suit!

jlarizzio64

You definitely HIT the NAIL on the hammer. Good for you. !!!

Poptart

You are rocking that suit— you look happy and Healthy and gorgeous! Sometimes we have to remind ourselves to remember the amazing things our bodies can do, rather than our perception of what others will criticize. 

MBS56

Absolutely beautiful 

thank you for the inspiration ❤️

rottielover

Thank You for sharing. You look gorgeous in this suit. I started wearing a two piece for the first time this year. Before that it was a one piece covering myself up with a towel when out of the water. Hiding myself from others. All my life I’v worried how I looked. How others perceived me. I’ve been body shamed. Fat shamed. And now I’ve worked through that. I have confidence in my body. I love my body as it is. 

Ladybug47

Beautiful!