Walking is a great low-impact way you can build cardiovascular endurance, increase your metabolism & energy, and reduce stress. But where do you start?
Here are 5 tips that can help you get started and get the most out of you walks!
1. One Step at a Time: Starting small and easing in is so beneficial to our bodies and our egos!
2. Connect Your Body & Breath: Inhale through your nose, exhale through your mouth as you step to take in more oxygen.
3. Keep Good Posture: Shoulders up and back, open your chest, keep your abs engaged and pelvis tucked slightly, and relax your arms as you pump them thumb to chin.
4. Every Minute Counts: Studies show that consistent, short bouts of walking can positively affect your mental health -- even just 10-minutes!
5. Wear Proper Shoes: Check out this post on what your fellow members are wearing!
What are your favorite walking tips??