—built by women, for women

JOIN TODAY FOR FREE AND GET
Direct access to wellness experts
Real advice from members
Complimentary workouts, workshops, classes and more

429836members
6300posts
About AthletaWell

We’re here to navigate women’s well-being, together, and we’re just getting started.

Introduce Yourself
Learn More

Conversations

Hey everyone— Since the pandemic, I've been working out from home and I realized...I don't ever want to return to the gym! Our design team is curious, what are your top 3 essentials for your *perfect* at-home gym? We want to know what equipment, gear... 

Read more
Lindsay_B_1-1635806950784.jpeg

2 sets of weights (3 lb and 5 lb) and a pad 

• 28 replies

Has anyone on here ever hired an online strength coach? I have a busy schedule and have equipment at home. I want to focus on getting stronger. I’ve been looking at services through this company: Starting Strength Gyms Online Coaching I’ve heard Star... 

Read more

I've never hired an online coach, but I've had a lot of success with online workout plans that I've purchased from Natacha Oceane. If you're looking for really specific guidance, coaching is probably the way to go, but I appreciated the savings of ju... 

Read more
  • 1 replies

Welcome to the hottest chat on the internet! Finally, a judgement-free zone to get support and share advice as you navigate the change. While change can be unexpected and filled with twists and turns, you don’t have to go it alone. Your AthletaWell c... 

Read more

Does that really work for HOT FLASHES?! What do you do to stay regular?! Anybody Anybody???!!! Help 

• 69 replies

I'm back at the gym looking to tone and lose some weight. Does anyone have recommendations on supplements to take to help? I've heard creatine and pre-workout helps but kind of lost on what's necessary/the best brands 

Creatine is a well-studied supplement for performance and recovery, so I think that's a great choice! I would just be careful with the pre-workout you end up choosing. They can include A LOT of caffeine. Caffeine isn't evil, but sometimes the dose fo... 

Read more
  • 7 replies

Randomly when I walk or standup, I find that my knees buckle or crack. It's not painful, but its definitely a shock lol. Are there stretches or workouts I can do to help strengthen my knees? 

I have some knee instability as well. It caused me to have an injury as a teenager where my patella subluxated and tore/strained my meniscus. I had to do PT and during the treatment, they went over all the exercises I should do to build stability aro... 

Read more
  • 2 replies

I really want to become a morning person but find it so difficult. I usually sleep until the very last minute and wake up super tired. Even when my body naturally wakes up, I can't bring myself to actually get up. I'd love to have a consistent wake u... 

Read more

I've been working on this too. I always get messed up if I find myself in a situation that requires me to stay up late. That's why I think bedtime is really key, because the second my bedtime isn't maintained, I'm waking up later or feeling really ti... 

Read more
  • 1 replies

Hello, I am going through peri menopause and I am also a yoga teacher. I would like to start a yoga class designed for women in menopause. This would also include talk therapy (I work with a behavior therapist). What are some topics you find importan... 

Read more

I think a class like this would be really helpful. I definitely have increased anxiety and am struggling with weight gain. 

• 2 replies
About AthletaWell

We’re here to navigate women’s well-being, together, and we’re just getting started.

Introduce Yourself
Learn More

New Ways To Move

Summer Strength Series
with obé Fitness

The season of sun is all about feeling good. Discover new, safe ways to move for all levels in this strengthening series to help you feel your best!

The Latest from Our Guides

What You Should Be Asking Your Doctor About Menopause

Dr. Jen Gunter breaks down what questions and information you should be sharing with your doctor to stay empowered and connected to yourself through menopause.

ATHLETAWELL MEMBER EXCLUSIVE
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes

How to Have Great Sex During Menopause

Yes, it’s possible! Learn how to address issues like comfort, arousal, and more to keep your sex life hot and heavy.

ATHLETAWELL MEMBER EXCLUSIVE
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Likes